Back to School Newsletter
August 9, 2021
Dear Bradley School Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year at the Bradley Elementary School! We hope you all are enjoying a fantastic summer vacation. On behalf of the entire staff, we want to welcome both our new and returning families. We look forward to working with each of you as we return to fully in-person learning this September and launch a fantastic new year!
Please continue to check your email for updates from Superintendent Cassellius as the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) as well as the Boston Public Schools (BPS) make determinations regarding health and safety protocols that will be in place as we welcome all students and staff back in person.
We are excited to announce that Carla Aranda is our new family liaison and will work with our team to support families as we begin the new year. Many of you know Ms. Aranda from her work on staff as an instructional aide for the past two years. Ms. Aranda’s contact information can be found at the end of this letter along with the email for Mr. Ben and Mrs. Carney. Please feel free to reach out to us directly with any questions!
Below is important information for the beginning of the new school year. We will be updating our website throughout the year. Please check out www.bradleyelementary.com for more information.
First Day of School
- Students in Grades 1 through 6: Thursday, September 9th
- Students in Kindergarten (K0, K1, K2): Monday, September 13th
- Welcome letters from individual teachers will be sent out electronically on September 1st with homeroom assignments.
- School opens at 9:15 AM and we will begin serving breakfast at that time. It will be served in our Cafetorium for all students, which is accessible through the back school yard off Faywood Ave.
- Dismissal and student pickup is at 4:10 P.M.
- Pick up and drop off for K0/K1 is at the top playground on Beachview Road next to the bus entrance.
- Pick up and drop off for K2-Grade 6 is in the back schoolyard behind the Bradley which is off Faywood Ave. Please note that the back driveway will be closed from 9:00-9:45 AM and from 3:45-4:30 PM to all vehicles.
- Morning Assembly will begin at 9:25 AM in back school yard for grades K2-6 and instruction begins promptly at 9:30 AM. The academic day ends at 4:10 PM.
- The Bradley uniform consists of a navy blue, pale blue, or white shirt. Students may wear bottoms—pants or skirts—of their choosing in navy blue or khaki.
- Uniforms and school swag is available for purchase online at https://tinyurl.com/bradleyuniformordering with the CODE: School Number: 900194564 or by School Name: Bradley and entering the state
- All students are welcome to select a free freshly made breakfast and lunch at the Bradley's My Way Cafe.
- Students may also opt to bring their own lunch. For questions about dietary restrictions and allergies please email Nurse Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide for Students & Families
- Please visit www.bostonpublicschools.org/familyguide to see the 2020-2021 Guide for Students and Families, which will now be viewable online, rather than in print.
- All back to school paperwork will also be filled out online at www.bostonpublicschools.org/contact.
- If your child is eligible for bus transportation, you will be mailed information a couple weeks prior to the start of the school year with the bus times and stop location. Please contact the Transportation Department Parent Hotline at 617-635-9520 if you have questions about your child's yellow school bus.
All Families (K0-Grade 6):
First School Family Council (SFC) Meeting: TBD
Bradley School Open House: October 20th from 4:30-6:30 PM
Early Childhood Families (K0-Grade 1):
BPS Countdown to Kindergarten Event at Children’s Museum: TBD
Bradley Pre-School Welcome:
Monday August 30th 11-12
We invite all of our K0-K1 students and families to join us for an outdoor popsicle party where you can meet the teachers and ask any questions you might still have.
Bradley K2-Grade 1 Welcome:
Tuesday August 31st 11-12
We invite all of our K2 and first grade students and families to join us for an outdoor popsicle party where you can meet the teachers and ask any questions you might still have.
BPS East Boston Countdown to Kindergarten at Paris Street: TBD
As a school community, we are incredibly honored and humbled by the opportunity to work with each of you. We aim to support your child as he/she grows and finds a passion for learning in an inclusive and rigorous academic environment. Thank you in advance for your ongoing collaboration.
Principal on Maternity Leave
Back to School Links
Back to School Forms
Find Out More from BPS